In recent years, hidden cameras have become a popular security and surveillance method. These cameras are almost always installed in an inconspicuous location, like the ceiling or under a desk.
Now and then, though, someone discovers a camera installed in their home without them knowing about it.
If you have installed a hidden camera in your home, you should be able to clean it up and make the crime scene look like nothing has happened. You only have to go through a few steps to make this happen. In the next few paragraphs, we will show you how.
The method of cleaning up the hidden camera will differ depending on how it is installed. If it is mounted in the ceiling or wall, all that is needed is to remove it and replace it with another one. It can be done by removing the plate that originally held it into place, which usually comes off with its screws also coming off.
However, you will have to make sure that you have a new camera to replace the old one. When it is first set up, a hidden camera is usually recorded at an angle of 90 degrees, which means you will be able to see the whole room.
If the new one is pointed in the opposite direction, this means that you won’t be able to see anything but the wall behind it. So, today we are here to tell you how to hide a camera in a wall. So, let’s get started!
15 Tips And Tricks On How To Hide A Camera In A Wall
1) A bulky picture frame or a painting:
These are the best hiding places to be used indoors. If you place it over the camera, you will not see it at all.
2) The TV wall mount:
One of the best ways to hide a camera in a wall is by using this kind of mounting device. It can hide away pretty well and without any problems.
3) A different kind of painting:
If you use this method, nothing should be visible when the electrician comes to install the new wiring for your home’s utilities.
4) The air vents:
This is a perfect place to hide your camera in a wall or ceiling. Nobody should see it because it is somewhat out of the way, and it can be installed without anyone ever noticing anything.
5) Wall clock:
This is a good place to hide your camera, but you will need to make sure that the camera is hidden.
6) A small pipe:
If you want to install your camera in a wall pipe and then direct it towards a certain place, this is the best way to do so. It can fit inside of them easily, and you will not have any problems with it at all.
7) A light fixture:
Your light fixture should be placed above or below the camera, depending on how high or low you need the angle to be. It can be hidden inside of the cover, and nobody will see it at all.
8) Inside of wallpaper:
If you want to hide something on the wall so that no one will see it, this is one of the best options available. You can hide the camera behind it, and nobody should ever discover its location or presence.
9) A bookcase or decorative box:
This is another great way to hide a camera in a wall. If you place the bookcase or box behind it, nothing should ever come into view if the camera is placed on the side of it.
10) The ceiling:
If you want to put the camera on the ceiling and have it look exactly like its surroundings, then this is one of your best options. It can be hidden very easily in this way.
11) A tissue box:
Again, this can be placed behind the wall so that no one will see it at all. It is a good hiding place to be used indoors because of its size and because no one will ever discover its location.
12) The electrical outlet cover plate:
If you want to hide your camera behind an electrical outlet cover plate, then this is one of your best options. It can fit inside of them very easily, and your camera’s wires can go directly through it into the wall.
13) A door:
If you are looking to get a hidden camera on a wall and it is placed outside your door, then this is one of the best hiding places available. You can easily hide it inside of the door without anyone ever being able to see it at all.
14) Bird House:
You can also hide your camera inside of a birdhouse. It is a good place because no one will ever discover its presence.
It would be best to consider using a tree to hide your camera indoors. You can use it to direct the camera towards various places, and nobody will know it is there.
How To Find A Hidden Camera?
Now that you have read our article, you should better understand how to hide a camera in your home. Now it’s time to understand how to find a hidden camera in any hotel, motel, or home.
1) The first step is to check all possible hiding places. This can be done by simply looking around the room and by checking all of the wall cavities, doorways, and anywhere else where it might have been installed. It will reveal any possible hiding spots that may have been overlooked previously.
2) Another step is to ask for help from a trusted person in your family or a friend. They should be able to tell exactly where the camera has been placed without you having to point it out for them.
3) A third step is to turn the room upside down. It means that you will want to check behind the furniture and under the mattress, pillows, and throw rugs. You will want to pull off any wall hangings, rugs, and blinds to ensure no camera is placed inside of them.
4) The fourth step is to check every appliance in the room. If you can open up the air vents, toilet tank cover, or anything else that can be opened, then you should do so to ensure that it is free of hidden cameras. You will also want to unplug anything electrical or electronic because this can also conceal a camera inside of it.
5) Checking out the ceiling is also very important. If you can remove the cover above your bed, then you should. Doing so will enable you to check the fan or light fixture above your bed to see if a camera is concealed anywhere inside it.
6) To find out where a hidden camera has been placed, you will have to lift any carpets or rugs that may be covering it. It can be done by using both hands and lifting them simultaneously. Then you will want to move each one individually until they don’t feel like they are closing in on your hand any further.
7) Use a professional spy-camera detector. It will pick up and display any cameras in the vicinity. If you do not have a detector and your hotel room has more than one camera, you should leave the room immediately.
These are some of the ways you should find out where a hidden camera is located and how to use it to your advantage.
Using this information will enable you to find out exactly where your hidden camera is located without having to perform all of these steps each time you arrive at a different location, whether it be at home or on vacation.
There you have it, a complete guide on how to hide a camera in a wall. It’s not easy, but it can be done if you take your time and follow the step-by-step guide. I hope you like this post; share it with your friends and let me know if you have any other questions in the comments below.